8 ounces (1 cup) Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Flour
1 cup Almond Meal
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup Chocolate Chips
A dash of Salt
2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Flour (folded in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prep a cookie tray with Parchment Paper.
- Begin with Coconut Oil, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl. I like to use a KitchenAide on level 4 for about 30 seconds. Take it down to 3 and mix until coconut oil is completely broken down and incorporated into the sugar.
- Gradually mix in the flour, almond meal, salt, and baking soda. Mix only until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Mix in the coconut milk until the batter is sticky.
- Lastly, in three stages fold in the last 1/2 cup of flour, mixing lightly only until the powder is no longer visible, and the batter is doughy.
- Use a one inch cookie scoop and dose out your cookies!
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until they start to gold.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
I'm really happy with how these cookies turned out! I'm always on the hunt for a delicious and satisfying Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, especially vegan! Chocolate Chip Cookies are a house favorite, so I've tried so many variations and taken some of my favorite parts from each of them. These cookies incorporate a few of my personal favorite aspects of a classic cookie. For one thing, I started doubling the vanilla in my cookies a few years ago, and never went back! Also, the flavor combination of coconut oil, salt and almond meal is a million times better than butter to me. It's nutty, creamy, salty, fatty. It's divine. But, then—I've never been a fan of butter. Generally, I use less sugar than this in my recipes, but I was in the mood for a simple classic, and the extra sugar works as a binder so that the egg isn't missed, and you don't need anything too healthy like, ground flax in your cookies, that might change the flavor. 'Cause who would want that. The best thing to remember in vegan baking is that you're only replacing and re-balancing the fats and proteins, without animal products. So despite popular opinion, you usually don't have to go too crazy to get a great result. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! And if you try the recipe, please let me know your thoughts, and how it worked for you!