1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Cocoa or Cacao Powder
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (or alternative milk of your choice, excluding Rice)
1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted) or Sunflower Oil
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional, but highly recommended)
- Fortunately, these tasty treats are easy so our first step is to preheat the oven to 350.
- Next in a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, and in a smaller bowl combine all wet ingredients. Stir together the dry ingredients. This step is mainly to ensure that the baking soda is evenly distributed.
- Combine all ingredients and mix LIGHTLY. The idea is to mix only until incorporated, more folding than stirring.
- Grease, line or spray a glass pan of your choice. I used a pie pan, which worked excellent.
- Pour your mixture into the pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips and coarsely crushed salt, and bake!
- Bake time should be around 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork comes out clean from the middle.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
It's feeling a little more like winter every day! This is a comforting classic, that always tastes better when it's cold outside. These brownies are extra dark chocolate, as you might have noticed by the 1:1 ratio of cacao to flour. They are not too sweet, but the salt and chocolate chips adds a refreshing little palette cleansing and a nice sweet surprise. They are cakey, but also melt in your mouth, and so so moist! These are my go-to for a quick treat to bring for dinner parties.